Thursday 1 July 2010

Henley Re-Gator ...............


Well todays been an entertaining day. For the 6th year on the trot I managed to make it to a day of the Henley Regatta. For those of you unaware, Henley features highly as both a great rowing compettetion, but also an important event on the British Summer's sporting scene. Up there with the Lord's Test Match, Wimbledon and Ascot, the banks of Henley are a place to see but also a place to been seen.

Avoiding some of the more extravgant hats and flying bottles of champagane, I was also able to catch up with an old mate of mine, Ashley and his father. Both of whom are Rowing experts (well pretty much everyone compared to me is.) Ashley in fact is a member of Staines Rowing club and trains 6 nights a week (sounds like hard work.) So I was able to catch a few tips from the guys and watch more then one or two Olympic Rowers in action. Some of these little tips will follow in the next few days, along with the introduction of a new 'non executive' member of the team. I also feel at this moment we should mention that last year I was spotted next to Sir Steve Redgrave, but as i said more on that throughout the week.....

Anyway, back to the social side of matters, disappointingly the bow ties were few and far between today, but the boaters didn't let me down. Tried to get one myself, but of all places Henley seemed to be lacking of Boaters salesmen. Was looking forward to owening one for the jaunt, but it doesen't seem to be I'm afarid. The jackets on display today though was also really quite special, If only Joanna my girlfriend was entuastic about such jackets (personally I think Jo has the right mindset ED).

Well it has to be said that in all it was a very interesting "fact finding" mission. I feel very much more confident as a result. After seeing the so called proffessionals, I do not think were going to have a problem whats so ever. (Can the ED point out, this is only Gary's dilluision talking.)

Gary
ps, We did have a few jars as well, just to get that practice like.

No comments:

Post a Comment